Tuesday 24 September 2013

University!

Hello everyone! 

As you know from a couple of posts ago I said I was going to write a post about moving away from home to go to university! Because I'm sure some of you have already done this, or are thinking about going to university next year. 

I'm currently in my second year at Bath Spa University and can't even begin to express to you guys about how much I love being away from home and being all independent and starting my path towards the career that I want. When I first started thinking about moving away to go to university I was seeing someone, all my friends were back at home and I didn't really want to leave my life behind back in Essex. Although I didn't want things like that to stop me from going to university, so I thought hard about it and spoke to my friends and family about it and how'd they would be once I had left for university and they said things wouldn't change and I'll still be talking to them by the end of the year. 

Well after all that I decided to go I got the grades I needed to get into the university and I was more then excited, but then I found out about where I was living. I wasn't living in halls or on the campus halls I was put in independent housing, which I really didn't want and it wasn't one of my three choices to where I wanted to stay. I started thinking about it, and about how I was going to be able to make friends as I wasn't going to be staying in halls and I obviously didn't know the place so I was thinking about how I was going to get around and stuff. I ended up crying about it and also decided not to go to university because of this. In the end once I saw the house and met the people I was going to live with it made me a lot more happier and made me feel better to know that I was going to know the people before I moved in with them. 

It soon came around to moving into this house, and it was a pretty smooth ride. We didn't have a problem choosing the rooms that we all wanted to move into, and there was five of us. Two boys and me plus another two girls! They're all fantastic and now even in my second year i'm still leaving with three of those people. We all got on really well from the beginning and we made extra effort to make sure we went to all the freshers events so that we could meet new people because of obviously living in a house. We soon started meeting people and having them over for pre-drinks before nights out in town and it was a lot more easier then what I personally thought it was going to be to start off with. One thing about moving into a house or halls I advice you to leave your bedroom door open when you first move in so that your house mates know they're able to come in and say hello whenever they want, do not shut yourself away from them otherwise they won't know what to think about you. It just shows you're more easy to talk to as everyone is going to be shy! Just be yourself and don't try too hard to impress people. Also go to the freshers events and talk to people, i'm sure a lot of you will be drunk so you'll find it a lot easier to talk to them! 

What I found about living in a house that I was able to settle in easier because of coming home to an actual house and not a flat and being able to just chill with only a few people and not having loads of people round you, also with where my house was placed it was around a lot of the shops and a close walk to town, and I just found it a lot more easier to get around then what I would of done in halls, I mean I probably would think a lot different if I actually got that option to live in halls but I didn't and I had to make do with what I was put with! 

If you're thinking about going to university then go for it, don't let a boyfriend or girlfriend hold you back, or the fact that none of your friends are moving away from home, because trust me I'm having the time of my life, and I honestly don't know what I'd be doing now if I didn't go to university! It's such a great experience and like I said i'm having the time of my life! Everyone is soo nice and I've definitely have made friends for life being here. And it has also helped me realise the person that I am. You'll keep in contact with your friends from home and if you don't then you'll realise they were never good friends in the first place. I still talk to my friends and its nice going home and having them there still. I just love being independent and being able to do what I want when I want. Its nice and even when you go home you miss how independent you have gotten. Honestly if you're thinking about going then go! Trust me it'll be the best decision you ever make :)

Hope this has helped you in some way, if you have any questions just leave them in the comments below! 

Much love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment