Monday 16 September 2013

A Rather Late August Favourites!

Hello fellow bloggers!
This is my first ever favourites blog post, and I didn't really choose the best month to start one as I have sooo many favourites so this blog post is going to turn into an essay! So I hope you're ready to do some reading!

I'm first going to start off with my River Island cut out ankle boots. I've been looking around for a decent pair of cut out ankle boots for a while now but I didn't want to end up spending too much money on a pair, for example I looked at a pair in Office shoes, and they were around £80! I mean I fell in love with the Jeffery Campbell cut out boots with the gold buckle the minute I saw them! But seeing as they're around £175 I would of been to scared to wear them out! So then I came across these whilst looking online one day! I instantly fell in love, they were what I was looking for and for only £45! Still a bit pricey I know but definitely a difference from the Office ones! They're also super comfy, I took them to Amsterdam with me and walked for miles in them! If you are looking for a pair of cut out boots that are comfy I would definitely recommended these, even though they have a heel it feels as though you're just wearing a pair of creepers!


A perfume I got this month was Bombshell from Victoria Secret! I got this whilst in the airport coming back from Amsterdam, as we had a few hours to kill we decided to go around all the shops, and as soon as I sprayed this perfume I couldn't turn away, I just had to buy it. Although this is the body mist, it still smells exactly the same as the perfume itself, was just A LOT cheaper then the actual perfume in a bottle, and still lasts as long! I only paid around £20 for this! 


This item is definitely a must have if you enjoy having the beach matt look with your hair! I use to have a different one to this and i've wrote a blog post about this item before, but I must say it's sooo good, and also smells a lot better then my other salt spray too! I Also find with this got2be beach matt spray is that it doesn't make my hair feel greasy, which you think it would because after you spent the day on the beach in the wind sand and sea it makes your hair feel horrible! But this product doesn't! It's super good and gives your hair a lot of texture and nice little lose curls in your hair too. I find its best to spray this item in after you've dried your hair with a hairdryer and it's little a little bit wet because then you're able to style your hair more! It's also a lot cheaper then like the number one hair brands out there that have their own salt spray but I feel this is better then most of them! 


Ahhh now these shoes! They only came today in the post from ASOS, I got this because I saw CutiepieMarzia from youtube bought them in one of her recent hauls and they just looked super comfy! I'm not normally a heel kinda girl, but I feel I'll be able to wear this more often then I would wear heels. Because they're not too dressy and are definitely my style of shoe! They were also only £30 off ASOS and definitely worth it if you're not into heels but wanted to try them out for once, because of the think heel they have on them makes them easier to walk in! Also they're platform so the heel isn't as high as you think! Which definitely makes them easier to walk in!


Now this item, well what can I say! I've recently dyed my hair blonde over the summer and I've been penciling in my eyebrows for a while now, and as my hair has gotten lighter i've found it hard to find an eyebrow pencil that won't look silly with my hair colour! So whilst I was in boots a few weeks ago and looking at their make-up section they have I came across this beauty in the Soap and Glory section. It's not an eyebrow pencil I have used before, as one side is like a felt tip if you say, and the other side is a pencil, so you're able to use the brow tint to colour in your brows and then use the pencil for shaping the eyebrow! I use to be terrible at drawing my eyebrows on but since i've gotten this i've found it a lot more easier to blend and shape my eyebrows, and this one is specially for people with blonde hair, and my brows now don't look silly! 


The next item is perfume, I got this perfume from Bodyshop and it's called White Musk Libertine. I've had one similar to this before from Bodyshop and it was such a nice smelling perfume, wasn't too over powering but still left a nice scent on you and your clothes! It definitely has a nice musky smell to the perfume, I just can't describe how nice it smells! If you're looking to try out a new perfume I would recommended in you buying this! Its just soooo nice!


Ahh another recent buy is my Topshop tartan purple skirt. I uploaded a picture of this a couple of days ago and I happened to be able to wear this skirt this weekend! It's just soo nice and comfy and definitely a different kind of tartan to the usual red that you see which is what I LOVE about this skirt! Although at the moment i'm finding it hard to style with items, but I have a few tops and jumpers in mind that I think will go with this skirt!


I've currently really gotten into getting loads of different pattern and different looking legging's to the normal plain black legging's that I normally wear to just laze around the house in, or if i'm wearing a big oversized jumper and didn't want to put jeans on. So whilst I was on ASOS the other day I found these velvet black leggings. They're still black so it is more easier to style them with tops and jumpers but I thought the way the velvet gave them a different effect on the legging's made them more fun! They're also super comfy and I can't wait to start laying jumpers and t-shirts with these leggings! 


So I went to V festival this summer, I worked there actually and when I went out shopping for it I was looking for my normal hand gel I always get but then came across this Soap and Glory one! I'm not lying to you when I see this smells AMAZING!! Seriously all my friends that I camped with kept asking me to borrow it because they loved the smell! It's also nice to have a nice smelling hand gel to all the other normal hand gels out there, and because I bite the skin around my nails a lot (a bad habit I know) this doesn't seem to stink these cuts as much as my one I normally use, and also it just smells SOOOO good!


My next favourite is the Fuji instax mini 8, i've been thinking about buying one of these for a long time because when I went to V festival and Amsterdam this summer I took disposable camera's with me and once I got the pictures developed from these camera's I just loved how much better it was to have a physical copy then just having the pictures on your phone! I bought this camera in the box set they have on offer, where you buy the camera and then got 40 fuji mini films with the camera. Only when I looked into how much the film was to buy I found it was around £10-£12! Which I thought was pretty good! Anyway I love this camera and just being able to get the photo then and there, it's really easy to use and I can't wait to get back to university to use it with my housemates so then I can stick the pictures all over my wall! They are definitely worth buying if you prefer having a physical copy of something, and also they're just more fun to use then your Iphone because you don't know how the picture is going to come out! 


My next item I only bought last week. Its this super HUGE brown bag! I needed a new bag for university but didn't want to go around paying silly amounts for one! Because as you can tell i'm a student! So I went into this shop the other day with my Grandma that she always goes in, and a few weeks ago she bought a bag in there that she has fallen in love with now and this was when I first saw this bag. I didn't buy it then because I didn't think i'd be able to fill it all up! Anyway when I went home I was thinking to myself damn, I should of bought that bag today, it would of been sooo good for all my university stuff for when i'm back at uni! So the other day when I went into town again I was praying that they still had this bag in the shop, and luckily for me they did! So I automatically bought it and didn't think twice about it! They also had it in red but I thought the brown one was more practical and easier to put with clothing. Also may I just add it was meant to be £70, but I got it for £30! Bargain or what?! 



My last and final favourite for August is this cute white oversized jumper! Recently i've just been wanting jumpers which are quick and easily to throw on and aren't too thick, because if you're like me I don't like going out and getting SUPER warm in a pub or restaurant but it's still cold outside. Hate that greatly! So I was looking on ASOS Marketplace and found this cute little vintage jumper, and I didn't even pay that much for it either! Its nice and warm for a thin jumper and I think the flowers on the front of the jumper are really cute! If you're looking for nice vintage jumpers, ASOS Marketplace is definitely the place to go and look at! I'm always looking at their jumpers on there and its nice to see all the different variety of jumpers there is! And also no one will ever be able to get that jumper again! So that's always a bonus!  



Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed reading my first ever monthly favourites! I know it was a bit long, maybe I should try doing a video or something next time, what do you guys think? If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments and i'll try my best to reply quickly as I can :) 

Much Love xxx


1 comment:

  1. that bag is gorgeous! its really versatile and spacious too!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete